Terms & Conditions
Beddington Park - Terms & Conditions for Hiring Barbecue Stands
- Your payment is non-refundable.
- Unless otherwise directed, on arrival you must use the BBQ stand noted in your booking. You must be able to produce a booking reference on request from parks enforcement officers. Failure to do so will result in a verbal warning to leave, followed by a formal written warning. Continued failure to comply may result in a Penalty Charge Notice of £50.
- Overstaying the period you have booked for may result in a Penalty Charge Notice of £50. When your booking is finished, please move to an area of the park away from the barbecue area, to allow others to cook.
- If you do not turn up on the day, your booking will be lost.
- If you need to rearrange your booking slot, or cancel due to bad weather, please inform us by email or by calling us on 01785 336784 at least three days before your booking. Failure to do this will result in loss of your booking. We can transfer the booking to an alternative date within the current BBQ season subject to availability. You must contact us via email or by calling us on 01785 336784 within five days of the cancellation to rearrange or your booking will be lost.
- If an alternative suitable date cannot be accommodated, a voucher will be issued and will be valid for one season only.
- Booking is for BBQ stand only. Please bring your own disposable barbecue, food and cooking utensils.
- Bouncy castles, gazebos, marquees, gas or portable BBQs are not permitted.
- Please do not play loud music that may disturb other park users. Amplified music is not allowed in the park, except at events permitted by the Council.
- BBQs must be supervised by a responsible adult, aged 18 or over, at all times. Groups of people under 18 years old will not be allowed to use our BBQ’s unless they have adult supervision.
- BBQ area is for use of all Park users– all users must respect the space and no group/organisation has priority over another.
- No commercial or charity fundraising events are allowed in the park without permission – food or other items are not allowed to be sold within the Park. In order to hold an event in Sutton’s parks, please see the information online, or contact email@example.com
- You must finish cooking and dispose of any hot trays or coals within the time slot you have booked for. Disposable barbecues can be safely disposed of by sliding them into the bin slot on the BBQ stand.
- BBQ hirers are responsible for clearing all litter from their pitch. We ask that you take litter home with you, or place it in the bins provided nearby. Depositing litter outside these bins may leave you subject to a Fixed Penalty Notice of £80.
- Do not erect tents, gazebos or structures without permission. Groups who hire a barbecue may erect one small gazebo (no larger than 3 x 3m in size).